Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Change

So many things have changed in the past few weeks. I'm beginning to see the dark side of life. It's getting so dark that it's hard for me to see the light. I know that it's at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes I feel like the light is running further away from me.

Family. I forget the meaning. I forget why I have a family. I forget how I got to where I am in my life. The answer is -- my family. They have shaped me into the person I am today. And now, they're struggling. It's my time to give back, everything if not more that they have sacrificed for me. It may be sooner than expected, but they need me. I need to do everything in my power to be there for them -- financially, emotionally, and everything else.

I need to stay focused. I need to be the son that I know I can be. I need to make my parents proud. I need to make them smile the way they did on my high school graduation. I need to see them cry happy tears, not tears of stress or depression. I can do that.

I have faith that I will get through this. More importantly, I have faith that my family will get through these hard times. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure we'll all learn a valuable lesson through this.

Things never stay the same. We need to keep up with the changes in our lives, and keep pushing forward.

1 comment:

  1. hi jase. it's regina. idk how i stumbled upon your blog but i know you're going through alot. idk at my lowest low during this last year i was watching grey's anatomy (even though no one watches it anymore) and they used this line...

    "Doesn't matter how tough we are, trauma always leaves a scar. It follows us home, it changes our lives, trauma messes everybody up, but maybe that's the point. All the pain and the fear and the crap. Maybe going through all of that is what keeps us moving forward. It's what pushes us. Maybe we have to get a little messed up, before we can step up." --Grey's Anatomy

    it's a line i read alot whenever i got down and i needed a little something to kick me in the ass. i know you'll get through this rough patch. &i'll definitely miss you and all your dramaticness! haha :)

    ReplyDelete